Fast forward young dairy farmer in Nakuru County
How do I successfully start my own business as a young dairy farmer?
We present you a challenging intensive programme in all aspects of dairy farm management and economics.
You will be trained by experienced Kenyan and Dutch trainers!
- Future owner/succesors of dairy farms who want to make steps in farming as a business!
- After graduation Diplome level and ready to start as a farmer
- If you are open minded to new developments and knowledge
- General; 50/50 female/male students
Why this training programme?
You will have a better ‘feeling’ due to next reasons:
- You can care for your family and have an earning in dairy;
- Dairy cares for environment, social and economical situation in the villages;
- Dairy is on her way in sense of mechanization and automatization;
- Dairy serves the community with good quality products for food and nutrition security;
- Serving farmers as professional in the nature/climate related area in combination with earning your salary/income is the real life;
- Dairy farmers are taking serious by the county, banks, stakeholders as part of the food security and realizing jobs for people.
What do we do:
in 2 years time you will have 40 training days in all technical issues, managementprogramme and economics
1 month practical period in Kenya
Home assignments to develop and improve your own farm
after the first year you will have 1 month practical period in the Netherlands on a family dairy farm
You will make your own business plan and present it to the bank
The bank will approve this as a business incubator and will hand over to you a loan to develop the farm further.
Results after the training:
You go back home with your own business plan , ready to start!
- Gain more milk and more household/business income;
- Have higher productivity and use less land, by more pasturing and less ranching;
- Utilise some fodder crops to overcome the dry periods;
- Improve the health and growth of calves and fertility of the cows and production of the cows;
- Use your land in more biobased/ecological principles, for example in using the organic manure.
What are the fees?
At the Start you pay a ½ scholarship fee 1,500 Euros excl. Board and lodging
After a half year you pay the second part 1,500 Euros excl. Board and lodging
After being accredited you go for 1 month to the Netherlands
You pay your own ticket/insurance and visa cost approximately 750 Euros
You pay the organizational costs of approximately 750 Euros
You stay on a family dairy farm in the Netherlands as an intern (work for board and lodging)
Download the Fast Forward flyer here and spread it amongst your colleagues.
- 05-09-2023 NAKURU, KENYA
- • Education or training in food technology and/or agriculture. • Relevant experience. • Competence in the English language
- Young dairy farmers
- Given excess to Its learning, our online learning platform.
- 8 training weeks and 2 months practical period in a period of 2 years
Starting in September 2023 till July 2025
In Nakuru county in the Centre of Expertise on RVIST location
- 2 years
- Minimale aantal deelnemers
- Maximale aantal deelnemers
- 30 December 2023
- Nakuru, Kenya
- € 3.000,- (look above for futher discription)