Herdmanager medium and large scale dairy farm
For professional and succesfulll herdmanagers!
You will be trained by experienced Kenyan and Dutch trainers!
- Existing and futural herdmanagers on dairy farms!
- Between 20 and 40 years
- After graduation Diplome level and ready to start as a herdmanager
- If you are open minded to new developments and knowledge
- If you are open to train other workers and farmers
- General; 50/50 female/male students
Young herdmanagers without farm are also welcome if they will search for a farmExtensionists and the training provider will care for a list of farms available, ready to adapt a trainee as herdmanager.
Why this training programme?
- Lack of professional herdmanagers in Kenya on medium and large scale dairy farms
- Improvement of technical output and economic results on the dairy farm
- Professionalism of dairy farms as a business enterprise
What do we do:
During one year you will study 30 training days in all practical skills and managementsubjects in relation to the economics of the dairy farm
You make home assignments to develop and improve your own farm
You will make your own improvement plan and present it to the owner and trainers
You go for 1 month practical period in Kenya on a host farm and for 2 weeks management of the demofarm on the Centre of Expertise
After the first year you will have 1 month practical period in the Netherlands on a family dairy farm
As a follow up after graduation you will be contracted by our agency for work as a herdmanager on dairy farms in our relation network in Kenya.
After the second year in January 2024 participants will enter the study groups for a period of minimum 5 years with the other participants.
Results after the training:
You go back home with your own technical improvement plan , ready to implement and your certificate as Herdmanager Dairy Farm.
You will achieve
- More milk and more household/business income;
- Higher productivity and use less land, by more pasturing and less ranching;
- Some fodder crops to overcome the dry periods;
- Improvement of the health and growth of calves and fertility of the cows and production of the cows;
- better land use in more biobased/ecological principles, for example in using the organic manure.
- • Education or training in food technology and/or agriculture. • Relevant experience. • Competence in the English language
- Young Herdmanagers
- Given excess to Its learning, our online learning platform.
- 6 training weeks and 1 month practical period Kenay and at the end of the year 1 month practical period in the Netherlands
Starting in September 2022 till Summer 2023
In Nakuru county in the Centre of Expertise on RVIST location
- 2 years
- Minimale aantal deelnemers
- Maximale aantal deelnemers
- 30 August 2022
- Nakuru, Kenya
- 2,000 Euros coursefee incl. lunches and training materials, not included board and lodging in the guesthouse. Not included practical period in the Netherlands (1,500 Euros inclusive flying ticket and transport in the Netherlands)